Friday, February 1, 2008

A Tribute to a Great Man.......


I can't help but pause for a moment to pay tribute to our great Prophet Gordon B. Hinkley who recently passed away. What an inspirational, selfless man. He will be deeply missed by many, ...including our little family. During moments like these, (when those we know and love pass on to the next great life), I find it comforting to have the blessed knowledge and promise of eternal life. So many time in my life I have held firmly to that one promise and it carries me through life's ups and downs. President Hinkley was an inspration to me and I will miss his spirit, laughter, love, and kindness that radiated from him. I am saddened to think that my kids will not know this great prophet like I have come to know him. Although, I do know that he has made a great impression on my two girls. Jenna has been saying, "Did you know President Hinkley died?", to everyone she visits with, including random people who just happening to be passing by. They all reflect with her, and comment on his greatness! She has also been asking me if we will still be able to sing the song "We Thank Thee Oh God For A Prophet" in Primary on Sundays? The first thing out of Baylee's mouth when she had heard of his passing was "We will miss him, but now he is living with Heavenly Father". I am so glad she has had that small seed of faith planted within her. Even at young age, my girls were touched by his great spirit. We have all been touched eternally by his wonderful spirit. What a comfort to know that this life is not the end. Although I have always struggled with death, I know that it is an essential part of the Plan. I am greatful for a wonderful example that was given to me by our prophet Gordon B. Hinkley, of how we should live our lives. It is my prayer that we can all pattern our lives after his. May we all take his challenge and "stand a little taller"!

1 comment:

The McCulloughs said...

Melissa, your blog looks so cute. Your new pics are awesome! You all look so cute! What a cute family you have! We were in Hawaii when Pres. Hinkley died, but someone called to let us know. It is hard to believe that he isn't the prophet anymore- he truly was an amazing man!