Wednesday, January 2, 2008

OUR Happy Holidays!



Our holidays were filled with cherished memories as we said goodbye to 2007 and said hello to 2008. Snow arrived at our house just in time to add that special touch and get us in the mood for Christmas. The kids and Jayson spent hours playing in the snow. They froze their little bodies to the bone and didn't want to come in. They had so much fun getting pulled around by their dad and the four-wheeler (a kid himself, who is stuck in a grown man's body). On Christmas Eve the kids got pj's from a fast little elf who must have left them at our door. Then we headed to Grandma "M"'s famous Nativity re-enactment. Baylee played her guitar and we sang Christmas songs as Grandpa set off fire-works in remembrance of the Saviors birth. We spent the night at our own home and woke up to a beautiful Christmas. It was a blessing to have a home to call ours, and a place to start our own little family traditions for Christmas. It was nice to wake up and just enjoy the moment. How blessed we are! Needless to say Santa found the kids. They were more than excited, and wished their mother would have let them sleep by the tree that night so they could see if Santa would find their house. I assured them that he would and he did. The girls got ipods, Nintendo DS, and lots of stuff that had High school Musical and Hannah Montana stuff on it. Our little guy Gavyn was mostly excited about the motorized John Deer tractor that he so wanted to drive through my nicely painted walls. Jayson got a pressure washer (Boring!!!!!) and as for me.... my husband knocked me off my feet with a heart felt special note and a 8 day cruise to the South Caribbean and a new camera. It was one of the best and definitely most cherished Christmas I have had. It amazes me how quick our kids are growing up and so many times I find myself wishing I could freeze time for just a moment. I have learned to cherish each moment along the way. Jayson and I spent time at the Jazz games, eating great food (like Joy's Christmas candy), spending time at our home with old friends, and laughing till we could laugh no more reminiscing about the good old days. We saw 3 movies and spent time with those we love. From the Christmas lights at the light park, to the sleigh ride at Hardware Ranch, and the peaceful stroll at Temple Square it was a memorable time. Our Holidays were more than Happy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I'm sooo happy that you are finally blogging!! I love your site, and cutest pictures, what a darling little family you have!! I loved reading about your Christmas memories. I am especially happy that you and Jayson have finally 'landed' and are calling Utah your home. Aren't holidays the best in your own home, surrounded by your kids? Keep the posts coming, this will be a great way to keep in touch...